03 Nov Quality Assurance and Quality Control
Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QC/QA) is a set of planned and systematic activities focused on providing confidence that quality requirements will be fulfilled. Quality Control verifies the degree to which a set of inherent characteristics fulfils output requirements. Quality Assurance is the overall program of managing for quality. In an analytical laboratory, quality can be defined as accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the reported test results. This course covers a wide range of matters that influence the quality of a product or service.
By the end of the activity, the participant should be able to
- Differentiate quality assurance from quality control;
- Discuss the QC/QA testing procedures and conditions that must be practiced in laboratories on an everyday basis; and
- Know the key elements to quality data management and quality control.
- Overview of QA/QC
- Importance of QA/QC
- How to create QA/QC protocol or guidelines?
- Design and Monitoring of QA/QC
- Establish acceptable limit for QA/QC
Who should attend?
This training course is designed for laboratory management and technical staff responsible for the development and implementation, and for consultants working with organizations seeking or maintaining accreditation to PNS ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- 23 & 25 November 2021
- 14 & 16 December 2021
PhP 6,160.00 per person (Net of VAT)
NOTE: Phil. MSTQ can design organization-specific seminar, virtual in-house training and/or
workshops, and conduct on-site training (after the pandemic).